1. Somehow become sensory-impaired. For example, you break your only pair of glasses leaving you extremely nearsighted and nearly blind.
2. As a result you’re now unable to notice, be aware of, or sensitive to the stimuli or details you normally pay attention to like people’s faces.
3. This lack of awareness prevents you from having thoughts and feelings (and judgments) about this stimuli or “processing things deeply”.
4. You’d think the energy of a busy suburban mall during the holidays would be cause enough for over stimulation but instead you find yourself too distracted by your disorientation and vulnerability to be affected by it.
5. Despite the disorientation, the reduction in stimuli is a relief.
6. Then you buy yourself a passion fruit and coconut Bubble Tea and give your taste buds some delicious stimulation.