1. Start blog posts with your best ideas.
2. Write attention grabbing headlines.
3. Don’t be a dick; respond to comments.
4. Dark backgrounds are bad.
5. Spelling/punctuation/grammar errors are bad.
6. Read other people’s blogs, especially the ones written on topics you’re not typically interested in. Do you want to keep reading? Why? Do that. Why not? Don’t do that.
7. If you write fiction/poetry and you want other people to read it, read other bloggers’ fiction/poetry and comment on it. The only way someone will read your stuff is if you develop a relationship with them.
8. Be patient. It takes time to create a blog with loyal readers.
9. Don’t give up. “Writing isn’t the hard part, it’s the commitment.” — Seth Godin
10. Write for yourself.
11. Have a posting schedule.
12. Beautiful/Interesting photos = more time visitors spend on your site.
13. If you have blogger’s block, you’re not reading enough.
14. “You can’t write differently, even if you want to. You just have to be able to notice when you are boring yourself.” — Adam Philips
15. Everyone should have a blog.
16. Don’t follow other people’s rules (including these).