1. …your favorite Christmas was not the one spent with family and friends or the one you received great gifts, but the one you spent alone binge watching episodes of old TV shows on DVD and binge eating a whole Christmas dinner by yourself.
2. …you nod your head after reading this quotation: “When I am by myself, I can be myself.” — Jean Culligan
3. …you’ve gone to the movies alone. On a Saturday night. On the coldest night of the year. To avoid spending time with people you don’t like.
4. …you prefer to travel alone not to a busy metropolis, but to the middle of nowhere like to the Treehotel in Sweden where each room seems to only fit one person and you can disappear into nature.
5. …the more is not the merrier.
6. …you have great conversations…mostly with yourself.
7. …some mentally ill gunman shoots up a movie theater or college campus and he is described by some commentator or news person as a “loner”, you cringe.
8. …you have one friend. Or less. But, that person is your favorite person.
9. …you feel closer to the authors of the many books you read than most of the people in your life.
10. …you agree with this quotation about relationships: “I want to be alone with someone else who wants to be alone.” — Dimitri Zaik. Like John and Yoko.